- It is discussed worldwide, “Starving people in Africa”. This is the United States of America, Los Angeles, California. According to Manna Volume XXV Number 3 November 2010, “…the numbers have been rising…” referring to the number of people served at the Food Pantry LAX.
St. Jerome’s Church has a Christmas-Bag-It-Up-2010 for the Food Pantry LAX. The suggested menu for a family of 4 is:
- 1 can-meat-chicken, roast beef or ham [1large can or 2 small cans]. The hams-must not need refrigeration, Dakhams –Celebrity or Plumrose CVS has them.
- 1 pkg potatoes (mashed,etc)
- 2 cans vegetables
- 1 can fruit
- 1 can soup (no broth)
- 1 pkg pudding or jello
- 1 jar peanut butter or jam (18 oz)
- 1 pkg pie crust & filling or cake mix & frosting
- 1 box dry cereal
- 1 pkg bisquick
- 1 box macaroni & cheese
Please no perishables, glass containers, or oversized cans and Please do not overfill the bag! Thank You!
You, your church, your family, and your friends can join in the charity,
Make your own bags and take them to the Food Pantry LAX!!!!!!!
Food Pantry, LAX
- Days/hours of operation are Tuesday and Friday, 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- 355 E. Beach Avenue Inglewood, CA 90302 (310) 677-5597
- Tuesday Manager: Judie Holland
- Friday Manager: Dorothy Nino